Women4Women in Lee is a group of women gathered together under the umbrella of St Faith’s Church, Lee-on-the-Solent, aiming to show God’s love in our town.
Our vision is to bring together women of all ages and stages of life in Lee-on-the-Solent, growing community and combating loneliness, supporting each other and reaching out to those in need.
We will do this by:
- Building connections between women of all ages, whether you find yourself working, mothering, retired, disabled, caring, new to Lee-on-the-Solent and its environs, or just keen to meet new people in a safe, friendly environment
- Being open to everyone who supports our aims, and lives, works, or is otherwise connected with Lee-on-the-Solent or its immediate surrounding areas
- Recognising members of the community who are already reaching out to others, including through a programme of regular community awards
- Fundraising for specific women in need (for example, a local women’s refuge, charitable groups or individual needs)
- Working with other community organisations (such as Acts of Kindness, Gosport Voluntary Action)
- Utilising gifts and talents within the group, as well as responding to external donations of time, talent or money, and using these to enable bespoke projects which engage with community need
- Being flexible and responsive to community need as it arises
What our members say:
“Being involved with W4W has been very good for me. Connecting with a group of strong women and community is life enhancing”.
“Empathic group of ladies who share my faith and values and provide support and advice.”
” A team with a wide range of differing talents and skills that complement each other and work to shared aims. Lovely that we start and finish with a prayer in each meeting too, which helps us focus.”
Our events and activities so far:
Women4Women Coffee Mornings
Click here to find out about W4W Coffee Mornings
Women4Women Coaching Programme
Tablet Device Loans
International Women’s Day 2021
To find out more, you can phone the church office on 02392 556445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org